With the start of the new school year it has been hard to write new posts. So today I wanted to write about B2SN, probably the scariest night for teachers. This year I had to combine classes and it led to parents coming at the wrong time. So here are my tips:
- Make sure to fill up the time as much as possible, this way parents won’t try to have mini-conferences about their child.
- Provide activities for the parents, I have parents write a note to their child. After they have written the note, I give it to their child on a random day at school or on a day where they clearly need to be cheered up.
- For my 6th grade parents or parents that are new to my school, I have them fill out a student info sheet. I share this info with the other teachers so they can get to know the students better too. I got a great form from InspireEncourageReward’s TPT store B2SN Parent Survey
- If parents can’t find sitters it’s great to have some quiet activities for kids. I use coloring pages, hidden picturess, and puzzles.
- Make sure to have some info about yourself to share with your presentation, it’s good for parents to see that you have a life outside of the classroom.